SECSIP Phase II supports the Government of Solomon Islands for the sustainability and credibility of electoral processes, building on the achievement made through SECSIP Phase I (2013-2016).
The key focus of SECSIP Phase II is to support the institutional development of the Solomon Islands Electoral Commission (SIEC) in its core mandate, which is conducting inclusive and credible electoral processes, and the reform undertaken by both the Office of the SIEC and the Office of the Registrar of the Political Parties Commission.
SECSIP Phase II also aims to develop synergies and partnerships with national and international partners to ensure the broader enabling environment for conducting elections and contributing to democratic development of the country.
SECSIP Phase II aims to achieve the following results:
- Sustainable voter registration system is created to strengthen the inclusiveness and integrity of the electoral cycle.
- More efficient and effective administrative procedures are designed and implemented for the SIEC to fulfill its mandate.
- National authorities and local networks have better capacity to train and educate the population on voter awareness and civic engagement.
- Electoral, legal and administrative reform is supported to contribute to a stronger electoral commission and representative democracy.
- Capacity of communities is increased to promote women’s political participation.
- Solomon Islands Electoral Commission
- Office of the Registrar of the Political Parties Commission