Support to Disaster Recovery Efforts
MATTERS OF FACT
· First time that Cash-for-Work (CFW) implemented in Fiji.
· 1,209 Recipients of Cash-for-Work programme (74% women).
· 20-Day work generated for 343 individuals in Rakiraki and 10-Day work generated for 865 individuals in Nadi.
· 168 participants (68% Women) received Agriculture training and 177 participants (84% Women) received financial literacy training.
· 14 communities out of 29 communities established a small-scale community oriented farming ventures after the programme.
· Five out of 14 communities initiated recovery activities on their own in response to the Cyclone Evan which struck Fiji in December 2012.
· 26 CFW beneficiaries (including 24 women) started a small-scale enterprise by accessing small loans (FJD$150-500) provided from an NGO;